The filters for the air-handling unit are supplied separately with the unit and must be placed on location. This can be done in two ways: using a clamp or a slide system. Placing the filter is explained in this instruction video.
Replacing used filters
The maintenance instructions always state: "In the event of excessive construction dust, always use a construction filter to prevent overloading and damaging the filters and the unit" and "Regularly check the filter for contamination, corrosion and damage". This instruction video explains how you can replace a filter.
Always be careful when replacing used filters. These are chemically contaminated objects: wear the correct protective equipment and discharge used filters as chemical waste. Have the hygienic condition inspected by experienced staff and use this moment to have the unit cleaned chemically. That way you ensure that hygiene remains optimal.
Step by step instruction of replacing filters
- Turn off the AHU
- Wear the correct protective equipment
- Have all materials ready and stay close to the unit.
- Open the unit
- Open the slide, pull it toward you carefully
- Remove the old filter. NB: discharge as chemical waste
- Clean the bottom of the unit. NB: this is aggressive chemical waste
- Take the right filter. Please note that the return filter is slightly coarser. When in doubt, check the order confirmation.
- Tilt the filter and place it in the frame. NB: up to the swelling tape
- Push down the slide
- Check whether the filter properly closes off the circulation openings
- The filter has been placed. Write down the date of placement.