The nominations for the GreenTech Innovation Awards 2019 were announced on May 10th. The entry of Orange Climate Agri and KE GrowAir is one of the remaining candidates. In total, more than 50 innovations were submitted, from which a jury of experts selected the best 18 for the four categories, namely "Innovation", "Sustainability", "Impact" and "Concept". This also applies to our entry for the Impact category.
Nomination for category Greentech Impact Award 2019
The Impact Award is for the innovation with a large scale impact and an innovative contribution to the worlwide food supply. The VA Grow Vertical Farm brings together the expertise of air generation and air distribution in one technical solution that ensures an optimal growth climate throughout the year. The VA Grow VF reduces waste and spillages, because the same climate, the same air, the same temperature and the same humidity are always guaranteed in the entire greenhouse. Regardless of the location.
Innovation Awards during Greentech
All entries for the Innovation Awards are part of the GreenTech Innovation Route and will be highlighted in the InnovationLAB during the fair. The winners will be announced during the official opening of GreenTech on Tuesday 11 June.
The jury of the GreenTech Innovation Awards 2019 consists of:
- Harm Maters, AVAG (the Netherlands)
- Silke Hemming, Wageningen University & Research (Germany)
- Peter Zwinkels, Tecknokas (the Netherlands)
- Mark Durno, Rockstart (United Kingdom)
- Perry van Adrichem, Horti-Tech B.V. (The Netherlands)
- Wolfgang Steiner, Gemüsebau Steiner GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
The jury's advisory committee consists of:
- Enrico Verhoef, United Farms (Mexico)
- Roger Abbenhuis, Under Glass / In Greenhouses (the Netherlands)
- Heinrich Dressler, Gärtnerbörse (Germany)
- Brian Sparks, Greenhouse Grower (USA)
- Leonardo Capitano, Vivai Capitanio (Italy)
GreenTech brings people and technology together to increase growth, productivity, sustainability, inspiration and enjoyment in horticulture.
GreenTech will be held in the RAI Amsterdam from 11-13 June. Visitors can register for free until 3 June. After June third online registration costs € 40 incl. VAT per person and registration at the entrance € 70 incl. VAT. You can register for a free visit here.